As we always say, scrolling through our feeds on Instagram, watching reels and posting stories are one of the most stress-buster activities that we do on a daily basis. Call it a stress buster or booster, it may work both ways depending on how you take it.
The reason why am I calling it a stress booster is because of this new thing called FOMO. It happens many times especially when you find your friend posting an aesthetic picture with all the cool elements such as background, text and even music.
But what if you don’t know how to do it?
Well, you can do it too if you know how to and for that, we are here with this detailed guide where you will get to know how to add music to your Instagram. So let’s take a scroll-
How to add music to your Instagram story?
Okay, so let us keep it simple and know that you can do it too. All you need to do is to follow all these steps and you will be done-
- First, you must open your Instagram app and swipe left in order to access the camera mode.
- Now either you add some pictures from your camera roll or take your phone and capture a photo or video for your story by tapping the white circle at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have your photo or video, tap on that smiley face sticker icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the music sticker icon to access the music library.
- Browse through the available music options or use the search bar to find a specific song or artist. Note- You can use any as per your choice even by searching it.
- Tap on the song you want to use and select the part of the song you want to feature in your story by dragging the slider left or right.
- You can also decide whether to show the lyrics of the song by tapping the lyrics option in the top left corner or not.
- Once you have chosen your music, simply adjust the size and placement of the sticker on your story by using two fingers to pinch and zoom or drag it around the screen.
- Once it is done, tap on your story and it will be added.
Note that some music may not be available due to copyright restrictions or location limitations. Also, even if you have added music and the owner of the recording deletes it, you will find audio unavailable in your content.
Pro Tip- If you are also interested in knowing how to use Instagram music to create stories and reels, then click here.
And that’s all you need to know. With the following method, you surely will be able to add your favourite music to your Instagram story and flaunt it to others. If you still have any doubts regarding the content we have posted, you know, you can always comment down and let us know your queries.
1- Can I add my own music to my Instagram story?
Yes, you can add your own music to your Instagram story if you have the music file saved on your device. For doing the same, first, you need to open the Instagram app and create a new story. From there, tap on the sticker icon and select the “Music” sticker option. Then, tap on the “My Music” tab and select the song you want to add from your device’s music library.
2- Is there a limit to how long a music clip can be in an Instagram story?
Yes, there is a limit to how long a music clip can be in an Instagram story. The maximum length of a music clip is 15 seconds. If it exceeds the content length you have posted, your carry-forward content will be posted as another story.
3- Can I preview the music before adding it to my Instagram story?
Yes, you can always preview the music before adding it to your Instagram story. For doing the same, you need to tap on the music sticker in the sticker option and then tap on the play button to hear a preview of the song. You can also adjust the part of the song you want to include in your story by dragging the slider bar.
4- Can I add multiple music clips to my Instagram story?
Yes, you can add multiple music clips to your Instagram story by adding multiple music stickers. However, keep in mind that each music clip can only be up to 15 seconds long, so if you want to add a longer section of a song, you may need to split it into multiple clips.